What’s The Use of Tumblr, Twitter And Medium For Sex-Positive People?
Just like the grass growing through bricks, concrete and ground, sex talks manage to penetrate through social networks banning policy and plastic film of porn content. Social networks are the world's most popular centers of info-consumption, but their policy protects users against the news coming from sex-positive world. This encourages bloggers to create their own media-products and search for platforms that are good for public sex talks.
Here’s the list of our top-rated kinky blogs, threesome blogs and polyamory blogs, most emphatic, active and non-secular:
- The morethentwo blog on polyamory is an informative product originated by a couple of practicing polyamorists. The only thing the blog misses is forum–the platform polyamorists and polygamists can use to compare polyamory with other forms of relationship, debate on polygamy vs monogamy and discuss relationship types nuances.
- Gracie X–the blog of a famous author who tells essential things about sex-positive and ethical non-monogamy;
- Pandora Blake Blog. “The Kinky Feminist Pornographer” is a performer and feminist-porn industry producer, an activist standing up for fair pay to porn- performers (equal for men and women) and fighting porn censorship in the UK. Pandora promotes kinky culture and ethical approach to making porn products;
- Dr Zhana Vrangalova–sex evangelist with academic degree, blogger, active speaker and lecturer. She studies sex from scientific perspective and refers to her approach as SexScience. Her blog features articles on threesome and polyamory, answers to topical questions like «Is Consensual Non-Monogamy Right for You?», «What’s More Important to You: Love or Lust??» and so on;
- Lady Laid Bare–the blog of 24-year-old’ Jillian Boyd, a Londoner who authors erotic novels;
- Cindy Gallop–a revolutionary female in the world of sex. Cindy is the founder of MakeLoveNotPorn–a platform for sharing #realworldsex videos. In her TED speech Cindy has unveiled her case of facing the problem. She told her young lover was learning all things from the worldwide web, by watching videos with women exulted from sperm coming to their face and other stuff that porn replete with.
The initiative of Make love not porn tells us porn to be a far cry from real sex, having everything scripted, staged and directed. And if one’s view of sex and intimacy has been shaped by watching pornhub reels, life shall always be a disappointment with expectations being too inflated. Thus search for information about sex that would come as alternative to what is known and popular actually means caring about personal sex education.
Public sex talks and networks
We describe the benefits of public sex talks in the article Public Talks About Sex: A Step To Exploring Sexuality.
We are comfortable in unhindered talking about sex when it does not disturb others. We post on platforms that are open for live and natural details about sexuality. These are TumbIr , Twitter and Medium. And we shall further describe the way real sex-positive world evolves there.
Whom to follow on Twitter if you are a sex-positive person
Having investigated Twitter for the purpose of finding sex-positive bloggers, we’ve prepared a list of dedicated sex advocates. Their newsfeeds are free from politics and ads but contain interesting news and events of global sex-culture:
- @cygraham_graham–professor, sex-researcher, feminist (books, studies, myths debunked, physiology of sexual intercourse);
- @kinseyinstitute–our favorite expert in the field of sex research. The feed features news on SexEd events and new investigations;
- @Sexetc–a SexEd public page for teenagers;
- @CentrSexCulture–social image of San Francisco library: quotations, publications, investigations, offline and online events on gender and sexuality;
- @CasualSexProj–the page of sex researcher @DrZhana with real stories about sex;
- @EstherPerel–investigator of modern era relationship forms, author of the book Mating in Captivity. Sex-positive citations, articles, own research findings and video-presentations;
- @funfactoryusa–fine toys manufacturer. No, they have not paid for the ad)). We simply think that sexual variety is fostered by knowing the market of respective devices. Moreover, the page also features funny stories like 39% of your coworkers masturbate at the office;
- @Epiphora–it is not for nothing her name sounds similar to euphoria, she is the author of honest feedbacks about toys;
- @AltSexNYC–a NY-held conference on sex issues. The Twitter page posts speakers presentations, sex study findings and conference news.
In addition to these favorites @fantasyappcom also follows dozens of accounts that are useful for learning different aspects of human sexuality: @fakedansavage, @Kristen_Mark, @JustinLehmiller,
@dangerouslilly, @SexWithEmily, @dis_sexuality, @goldenalf13 and others. They all help us remember the world to be full of sex even on Monday morning J.
Sex-positive interests on Medium
Valued for its individuality, sex-positive content on Medium can be found by following hashtags like #sexpositive, #relathionships, #sextech, #sex, #sexgeek #kinky. We see Medium as a collection of dedicated articles, not a set of people we are subscribed to. When stricken by idea of a new article, we search Medium to find what is already available on the subject.
What makes us love Medium is maturity, independence and deliberateness of the content.
The articles are real and live, concepts and ideas about sex are advanced by variety of people, from fiction-writer, erotic filmmaker, feminist-journalist-design strategist to sex evangelist and anonymous author.
The themes given coverage from unpopular perspectives include: masturbation, orgasms, Ashley Madison data breach scandal, alternative porn, the future of SexTech, meaning of “I love you” and the concept of sexuality.
Polyamory symbols on Tumblr
Here they are both hashtags and authors who steer the wheel. On Tumblr one can:
- find polyamory blogs when searching by the tags #polyamory quotes or #polyamory symbols. For instance, The Open Project is a blog where one can find scenes from life of СNМ activists, news and quotation. While Poly-coach searches the Internet to collect interesting stories about polyamory and alternative relationships. And in fact it looks like an open-mind blog (just like the one we run);
- get list of sexual fantasies, list of kinks and things that turn men and women on–all this by using the tags #kinks list, #turn-ons list;
- use #kinks and #kinksters search queries to find explicit photos and stories about funny and unusual kinks. If not afraid of seeing something too undisguised, you can learn many things about diversity of the kinky world.
Other sources of alternative information about sex
We find information about real, not prearranged sex almost everywhere. It’s just a matter of being curious enough. Our favorite source is live people, practitioners, the ones we find in dating apps designed for sex-positive people. You may get more details on these apps from our the article Kinky Apps, Kinky Toys And Kinky Sites: The SexTech.