What is sexuality?
Here at Fantasy, our conception of sexuality and sexual rights comes from the World Health Organization’s definition. Sexuality is a central part of being human. It encompasses sex, gender identities and roles, sexual orientation, eroticism, pleasure, intimacy and reproduction. People experience and express sexuality in thoughts, fantasies, desires, beliefs, attitudes, values, behaviors, practices, roles and relationships—in various combinations. Sexuality is influenced by the interaction of biological, psychological, social, economic, political, cultural, ethical, legal, historical, religious and spiritual factors.
All persons, free of coercion, discrimination and violence, have the right to:
- the highest attainable standard of sexual health, including access to sexual and reproductive health care services;
- seek, receive and impart information related to sexuality;
- sexuality education;
- respect for bodily integrity;
- choose their partner;
- decide to be sexually active or not;
- consensual sexual relations;
- consensual marriage;
- decide whether or not, and when, to have children;
- pursue a satisfying, safe and pleasurable sexual life.